Friday, September 5, 2014

Reflections from CCRS Teacher Academy in August 2014

Does anyone wish to share an "ah-ha" moment, remaining questions or some memory from the Teacher Academy in Pitsfield? I will start by sharing that I was so amazed at the energy level of the teachers attending. The schedule was indeed packed from 8am to 8pm, and teachers were not seen dozing off or disengaging even once! Even when the schedule allowed for one 2 hour break at night, most teachers kept on doing meaningful work! Truly a special group of people dedicated to improving the opportunities for Maine learners. What do you remember most from your time at the Academy?

1 comment:

  1. Ed, I would have to say that I agree with your perception of what we experienced in August; sincere energy. It was a pleasure to be a part of that energy, and I believe that it is the sincere desire to create pathways for our students to experience success, that is the driving force. Having said that, I believe it leads to what will carry us forward and that is collaboration. Thank you for creating this platform from which we can collaborate as we move forward in our individual alliances. I haven't been teaching Adult Ed. for all that long and I hope to glean from those of you who have been doing this longer than I have.

    ReplyDelete